Tax Question of The Week: Substantial Shareholding Exemption
Tax Question of the Week: Substantial shareholding exemption | 28th September 2020
A client owns 100% of the shares in a personal company. That company owns 10% of the ordinary shares in a trading company – the other 90% being owned by an unconnected company. The 90% shareholder company has made a significant loan to the trading company.
Our client has told us that their personal company is now looking to sell the shares in the trading company.
Is the company eligible for the substantial shareholding exemption?
Click here to find out more: https://bit.ly/3cN5DNc